Industries du Havre organized this international workshop held from 5 to 11 July 2010. It sought the collaboration of CUPEUM, the École de la Cambre Architecture de Bruxelles, the École Spéciale d’Architecture de Paris as well as École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne.
The promoters of this activity aimed to demonstrate how the industry could become a leading player in the landscape and urban development of Le Havre. Ultimately, Industries du Havre sought to induce a position change where their occupation would be optimized by a positive overall landscape vision. This through revisiting the prospective relationship between the territory and tomorrow’s industrial plants. This transdisciplinary educational activity enabled students to interact and share knowledge based on their respective expertise (landscape architecture, architecture, urban planning, urban design). Among the dozen participating students from 4 academic institutions and from 4 countries (Belgium, France, Switzerland and Canada), 3 applications were selected following a call launched in April 2010 to all graduate students enrolled in the Faculty of Environmental Design. Sylvain Paquette of CUPEUM participated in the teaching committee for this international workshop on urban design. Preparatory work for this activity was conducted with the collaboration of Philippe Poullaouec-Gonidec.
- Head of Unesco Chair
- Participating student(s)
- Marc Chenouda, Master of Architecture candidate, University of Montreal
- Sophie Julien, Candidate à la maîtrise individualisée en design urbain, University of Montreal
- Jean-François St-Onge, Master of Architecture candidate, University of Montreal
- Industries du Havre (IDH)
- Workshop Coordinator
- François Scali, Architect DPLG
- Other education committee members
- Marie-Hélène Fabre, Reza Azard et Daniel Mezaros, École spéciale d’architecture de Paris
- Monique Ruzicka-Rossier, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Patrice Neirink, La Cambre Architecture, Bruxelles